NCTRC respects the privacy of persons who visit this website and participate in NCTRC offerings, in particular those who seek and earn the Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) credential.
Personal data collected by the Council generally includes an individual’s name, address, phone number, email address, and employment information. It may also include date of birth, image, and, on occasion, credit card numbers.
HOW PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
The Council collects personal data under various circumstances. Most common are when an individual:
• Applies to become certified;
• Registers for an examination;
• Becomes certified or recertified;
• Participates in any disciplinary process;
• Registers for a webinar or other online offering;
• Downloads information from the Council website;
• Purchases a product; or
• Subscribes to a publication.
HOW PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED
Personal data of individuals may be used for several purposes. Among them are:
• Certification administration;
• Delivery of products and services;
• Communication of Council events, products, services, offerings, benefits and opportunities;
• Data analysis;
• Development of directories; and
• Product and services customization and development.
LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING AND PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
There are several legal bases for the Council’s collection and processing of personal data:
• For the legitimate interests of the Council, including the several uses listed above;
• To perform a contract;
• Based on consent; and
• Legal compliance.
THIRD PARTIES WITH WHICH PERSONAL DATA MAY BE SHARED
The Council may share personal data with several other parties. These include:
• Testing service providers;
• Persons who inquire about certification status;
• Sponsors of Council activities;
• Publishers of Council publications;
• Cloud service providers;
• Service providers who perform functions such as marketing, research, shipping and fulfilment; and
• Vendors, such as insurance and credit card processing companies.
The Council also may share personal data in the event of a merger or asset sale/purchase transaction, and as required by law.
SITE OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data of individuals collected by the Council may be stored and processed in the United States, Europe, or any other country in which the Council, its vendors, or partners maintain facilities. The Council generally collects and processes personal data in the US. In the event personal data is collected in the EU and is then transferred to the US, or is transferred to any other country outside of the EU, the Council will do so because there is a legal reason, such as in order to perform a contract, or to achieve a legitimate interest of the Council.
PERSONAL DATA AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
The Council may collect certain personal data automatically, in particular of individuals visiting the Council website, using cookies and other technologies.
Personal data may be retained by the Council for so long as necessary or useful to pursue the legitimate interests of the Council. Other factors may include: the duration of certified status; archiving of historical information; and legal requirements, including limitations periods during which a legal claim might be brought.
The Council has put in place reasonable technical, physical, and administrative safeguards to protect personal data collected by the Council.
INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS REGARDING PERSONAL DATA
Individuals generally have the right to access their own personal data and to request that the Council correct any errors or incompleteness in their own personal data. The contact information provided below should be used for these purposes. There is also a limited right to request deletion of personal data. Such requests also should be directed to the designated contact.
Inquiries regarding this privacy notice or other privacy concerns should be directed to:
Attn: Executive Director
16 Squadron Blvd., Suite 101
New City, NY 10956