Live Remote Proctoring
Live Remote Proctoring Information
NCTRC is now offering live remote proctoring through PSI. Live remote proctoring is where a candidate may schedule the test for a set date and time, then launches the test via computer from a secure location that will be required to meet specific criteria. Live remote proctored tests are taken outside established testing centers. In this scenario, a proctor greets the test-taker and monitors them in real-time while they complete the test. Embedded technologies, such as facial recognition biometrics and audio level monitoring, assist online proctors in identifying potential misconduct. An easy-to-use user interface and live chat help assure a seamless and supported experience.
Computer Specification for Live Remote Proctoring – Preparations
Technical Requirements – Visit Here for up to date requirements
PSI Bridge is compatible with any modern Windows or Mac OS X computers with a working webcam, microphone, and internet connection.
PSI’s compatibility check tool will ensure the candidate’s system meets the following technical requirements (hardware and software) for their remote proctored exam:
- Operating system supported: Windows 8.1, 10 (Not 10s or 10 in s mode) macOS X 10.13.6 and higher
- Browsers supported: PSI Secure Lock-Down Browser
- Browser settings: The browser must accept third-party cookies for the duration of the exam ONLY
- Webcam/microphone: Minimum VGA 640 x 480 resolution, enabled built-in or external microphone
- Bandwidth: Minimum 400 kb/s download and upload
- Hardware requirements: 2GB RAM Memory; 1 GB Free Disk Space, minimum 1368×768 screen resolution
Testing the Computer: From the Windows or Mac computer you are going to use to take the exam, you must check to see if the computer is compatible for Live Remote Proctoring testing. If the computer is compatible, you can proceed to register to take an exam. If not, try another computer or consider taking the test at the Computer Testing Center (the test is taken at a PSI/AMP center).
- For PC user’s Windows 8.1, 10 (Not 10s or 10 in s mode). To find your window version, right-click on the window icon and select “run” in the box labeled “open” type in the word winver. Press enter.
- For Mac user’s version macOS X 10.13.6 and higher are needed. To find out what version you have on a MAC click on the Apple icon and click on “about this mac”. Firefox and Chrome are supported for use on your PC but not Edge or Internet Explorer. For Mac users Safari, Firefox or Chrome can be used.
If you are not using a personal computer or if you are using a work computer, you must ensure you have administrative rights for the secure download prior to your exam.
If you plan to use a work computer, you must have administrative rights with permission to disable the firewall for remote access.
- Ability to download and install a small program: PSI’s secure web browser. In work environments with firewalls, you must have administrative access to disable the firewall. This must be insured prior to taking an exam on a work computer. The compatibility test does not test for administrative rights and firewalls.
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Laptop or desktop computer (Windows or Mac only)
- Webcam, Microphone, and Speakers
- Stable Broadband Internet Connection – Minimum 500 Kbps download and 256 Kbps upload; we recommend 5Mbps or higher upload and download
- A wired connection is preferred over wireless (WIFI)
- Current version of Google Chrome or some other Chromium-based browser is best
- Flash player (for PC users)
- Chromebooks, tablets, and cellphones are not compatible and CANNOT BE USED, they don’t allow you to share your screen with a proctor
- Touchscreens cannot be used
- Dual screens are not allowed
What to Expect on the Day of the Exam:
- On the day of your exam, please login to MY NCTRC LOGIN up to 30 minutes before the scheduled exam appointment.
- Click on Schedule My Exam from your dashboard to access the PSI Dashboard to initiate the exam launch process.
- Click on Launch My Exam from your PSI Dashboard to initiate the exam launch process.
- You will be required to perform a System Compatibility Check and must ensure that all of your computer system items are satisfactory before being able to proceed. We recommend performing a System Compatibility Check on the computer that you will be using for the exam prior to exam day to ensure that your equipment meets requirements.
- Once the PSI System Compatibility Check is initiated, you will be prompted to download the secure browser. We recommend downloading the secure browser prior to exam day to ensure successful download.
- You will be required to provide one current, valid, Government issued ID with a photo.
- Please ensure your testing environment is clear, quiet, and free from distractions.
- A Web camera and microphone are required for testing.