NCTRC welcomes a new way to share professional skills, knowledge, and accomplishments through digital badges.
- Have you ever learned a new skill that would be perfect for your clients and then not had an easy way to share this with your coworkers?
- Do you wish you had an image to add to your email signature or online profile that shows what you know or can do?
- Are you looking for a better way to advocate for yourself and your profession?
Learn it. Earn it. Share it.
NCTRC is committed to providing you with the tools necessary to achieve your professional goals and we understand that communicating your credentials in an ever-expanding online marketplace can be challenging. That is why we have partnered with Credly to provide you with digital versions of the CTRS® Credential, CTRS Specialization Area Designation, and Professional Eligibility.
Digital badges can be used in email signatures or digital resumes, and on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
According to a recent LinkedIn study, profiles with certifications and badges receive six times the number of profile views.
This digital image contains verified metadata that describes your qualifications and the process required to earn them.
Please view the NCTRC Badge Earner Guide.
What is a digital badge?
- Digital badges are secure, web-enabled credentials containing verified information about the earner’s professional achievements.
Who will notice?
- Prospective Clients
What is the value of a digital badge?
- Badges transform your knowledge, skills, and abilities into a tangible, verifiable tool so you can showcase your professional achievements.
- When a badge is shared, others have a snapshot of your range of capabilities as the digital image contains verified metadata that describes your qualifications and the process required to earn them.
- A quality credential clearly explains what you can do, what you did to earn this, and who says you earned it. It is more than a piece of paper. The digital version of a credential is easy to share online.
Where can I use a digital badge?
- Share your digital badge with colleagues on social media, embed it into your email signature to show clients that your knowledge is up to date, or add it to your resume or website for full visibility of your professional story.
How to claim your digital badge
- For those who hold the CTRS Credential, Professional Eligibility (PE), or CTRS Specialization Area Designation – you will receive an email from Credly inviting you to claim your digital badge.
What happens next?
- You’ll receive an email from Credly inviting you to accept your badge.
- Click the link in the email.
- Visit credly.com/users/sign_up and create an account.
- Create and confirm your Credly account.
- Accept your badge and start sharing!
- Review the NCTRC Badge Earner Guide for more information.
- This digital badge will contain information describing your credential and will allow you to easily share your achievement to LinkedIn and other platforms.
- There is no fee for this service – only added benefits.
Online video tutorials
- Need help? Find a step-by-step tutorial video here.
- Share to LinkedIn: Find a video here.
- Adding Your Badge to Outlook: Find a video here.
- Adding Your Badge to Gmail: Find a video here.
Learn it. Earn it. Share it.
We believe the NCTRC Digital Badges will further enhance your professional standing and achievements. So, start using them today to develop your career and expand your professional network.