Vision, Mission Statement & Goals
NCTRC Envisioned Future
- Certificants are being recognized for their work in the community resulting in reduced healthcare costs, and improved quality of life and well-being.
- Regardless of the path to certification utilized, applicants demonstrate the skills and knowledge deemed necessary for entry level practice.
- Certificants use evidence-based practice to provide quality care.
- Academic programs prepare their students to have the knowledge and skills deemed necessary for entry level practice.
C. Employers/Hiring Officials
- Employers recognize the CTRS™ as the qualified provider of recreational therapy services.
- Employers require staff members who perform recreational therapy services to maintain active CTRS™ certification through NCTRC.
D. NCTRC/Board of Directors (BOD)
- NCTRC provides the accepted credential as the global provider of recreational therapy services.
- NCTRC represents the global community of Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists™ who provide recreational therapy services to consumers.
- NCTRC BOD uses real-time data to evaluate certification standards.
- Governmental and regulatory bodies recognize NCTRC certificants as the leading provider of recreational therapy services.
- Consumers recognize that NCTRC certificants are the qualified providers of recreational therapy services.
- The public acknowledges the value of recreational therapy to health, wellness, and overall quality of life.
- All consumers have access to quality and evidence-based recreational therapy services as provided by the CTRS™.
- Consumers demonstrate better health and well-being because of active engagement in recreational therapy services provided by a CTRS™.
- Organizations/advocates for quality healthcare and services endorse the CTRS™ credential as the global provider of recreational therapy services.
- The World Health Organization endorses the CTRS™ as a qualified provider.
The National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification protects the public by promoting the provision of quality services offered by NCTRC certificants.
NCTRC Current Strategic Goals
GOAL A: CERTIFICANTS
Certificants will provide quality, evidence-based interventions in a variety of settings resulting in enhanced recognition of the Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist™ as the qualified provider of recreational therapy services.
GOAL B: STUDENTS
Students will recognize the importance of applying for Professional Eligibility to become a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist™.
GOAL C: EMPLOYERS/HIRING OFFICIALS
Hiring officials will recognize the Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist™ as the qualified provider of recreational therapy services.
GOAL D: NCTRC/BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BOD)
NCTRC will support global growth of the CTRS™ credential.